Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Bitch is Back

Hey if she can call me a schmuck, payback's a bitch. Speaking of whom, she responded,"I'm sorry that you mistook Aish St. Louis for an on-going singles event. However, you're now in NYC, home to 2 million Jews. And plenty of "hip" Jewish singles events at that. And yet, you are marrying a non-Jew. That strikes me as a choice you've made, and not one you can blame on Aish St Louis or otherwise. I think it's pretty clear that Aish St. Louis targets an older demographic and one that is usually married. I think it's a mistake, but their claim is that is the group they are successful with. I also cut Aish a huge amount of slack for not doing much for the past year or so. E*****'s been a bit caught up with his two brain injured kids. I would also point out that your conjecture about the scope of classes from looking at the Aish website is pretty silly and bears no resemblance to what's going on there. I'm still confused about what the house has to do with anything. You seem to miss my point about halacha and converts. They are not going to set someone who hasn't converted up with a Jew. Aish rabbis are committed to halacha, even if their students are not. I still fail to see where you have an issue. As for Aish International, they seem to be aware of you and your complaints. It's not that they don't care. It's that they don't agree with you. You are obviously articulate and we already knew you were intelligent. This just seems like a colossal waste of your talents. And yes, vindictive. I really do wish that I could figure out what it is that you are trying to accomplish, other than smear the name of Aish St. Louis and International. Take care,C**** W*****

To which Yours Truly responded: I mistook no such thing. Aish tries to portray itself as being interested in Jews marrying Jews on their web sites, and in their literature. I admire the way you try to change the subject, ie you started by claiming that Aish was responsible for a lot of marriages, but when you realized you were wrong, claimed Aish isn't a singles group. No, it isn't, but when it is marketing to marriage-minded people it'd better realize that that's a part of outreach or it will have the sorry record it does on BT marriages. The blog is back, and better than ever, with the help of another St. Louis Aisher who agrees with me. If you have comments , post them there, where I will debate you publically and show the weakness of your position. By the way, feel free to call me a schmuck again publicly, where I can show just what Aish rabbis and their rebitzens are made of.

And that ends out diatribe for today, although the rebitzen is always more than welcome to write back.

No comments: