Thursday, August 30, 2007

We're Back!!!

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the assimilAishionist and I've joined up with Anti-Aish to make AssimilAishion better than ever by throwing in my perspective.

Now's a good time to reiterate our mission: its become quite clear that the outreach that Aish is most concerned about is when they reach out to our wallets looking for cash. Its now time to hold their feet to the fire and demand some actual outreach to Jews who are distanced from Judaism. They say its urgent; we agree. But where's the actual outreach? All we see is a bunch of classes full of mostly empty chairs a few retirees and a single guy or two, and a website dedicated to making those single guys committed enough to marry Jewish feel obligated to "take one for the team."

So fellow travelers, what's your experience? Has Aish delivered or let you down? Comments are always appreciated.

Prepare to be AssimilAishionated!

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I commented to AntiAish, I like Aish, they have done great work for the last few decades. They have brought thousands closer to Judaism. I felt that AntiAish was using Aish as a springboard for his own failings and lack of true commitment to Judaism.
I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

>>>>I'm also anti-community kollel!
Why? Community kollels, when combined with a local populace that embraces Judaism, is an unbeatable combination. Look at the Dallas community. If that does not inspire you, nothing will.
>>>I know one of your outreach rabbi, ### ####, recently vacationed for eight weeks during a four month period.
Do you know what he was doing? Perhaps he was doing kiruv on the trip? Perhaps he had a family illness or other issue. Perhaps he is not a paid member of the kollel. I could go on, should I?
Alexis

anti-aish said...

As I commented to AntiAish, I like Aish sayeth Alexis.

Wrong, hunny, you're supposed to comment to Aish that you like the anti-aish! Oh wait, you can't, 'cause they censor their commnets.

Anonymous said...

I never had Aish censor a single comment of mine. Even the critical ones.

If you would try such an approach, it would work.

Alexis

assimilAishionist said...

They've censored comments from people besides just me, Alexis. The fact that it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't surprise me, seeing as how enamored you are by Aish. To paraphrase Justice Hugo Black, freedom of speech is not for the speech we love, but rather for the speech we hate.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you do something productive like make your own programs? Anyone can sit at a computer and write a critical blog of other decent human beings just trying to do a good thing.

anti-aish said...

For the same reason that when my shoes wear out, I don't make another pair; I buy a pair from people who are experts in making shoes. Aish claims they are expert in outreach; I am exploring the veracity of their claim.